1: All properties allow assistive animals for persons with disabilities, regardless of the type, breed etc as long as you provide us with written verification from your medical practitioner or other credible party that confirms you have a disability and that the animal is needed for your disability.There are no fees for having an assistive animal, nor extra deposit.

2: The verification should be in English or you should provide a translated version if not..

3: Any certificate eg "NSAR certificate" or "Service Animal Registry of California" is not sufficient proof as this can be purchased on the internet without verification of disability and the disability-related need for an assistive animal

4: If you do not have this letter when you apply to rent, but expect to get it soon, your application can still be processed with the understanding that the animal will not enter the property until you have sent us the letter and we have approved it and you have signed a assistive animal agreement with us. (IE you would move in first and the animal could move in later)

5: The letter does not need to mention the specific type of animal (eg dog/cat) nor does it have to be typed, handwritten is ok

It does not matter if the animal is trained or not

6: If the property has a Home Owners Association, we will send the documentation provided to the HOA for their records

7: If you are already a tenant with SDCPM please email to the type and breed and name if any of the animals you want to be added, together with the verification described in step 1 and 2 above and we will review and if approved will send tenants a service animal agreement to sign and if not approved will let you know why