OWNERS‎ > ‎MAINTENANCE s.sdcpm.com/mt‎ > ‎WINDOWS‎ > ‎


Permits not needed for window replacement  normally except if the property is deemed "Historical".

Hello, It is my understanding that as long as you do not alter the size of the window opening and you do a standard retrofit window you may change from a casement to slider.  However, bedroom windows must meet egress and change from a casement to a slider could affect this. Also, if it is a wood window opening or a house built before 1978 you must have a certified lead  company do the installation and have it tested.  You should check with the San Diego Building Department for a full explanation.   


Thank you,

Debi Hunter

Window Solutions

619 258-0515